What is Technical SEO?
Technical SEO optimizes the user experience as well as search engines. It includes things that make easier for search engine to crawl and index. Other than technical SEO, content strategies, link building strategies help your webpage rank in highly in search. But if technical SEO is not there you will have less traffic for your website.
By implementing the following technical SEO strategies, you can enhance site visibility.
- Secure the site with SSL
If your website starts with HTTP, get the SSL certificate and redirect it to HTTPS. Thus, you have to update all the canonical tag which is used to specify the newest version of your website, and also the hreflang tag which is used to tell the search engine about the multiple versions of the same page in different languages.
Since the URL has changed, sitemap and robot.txt should be updated with the new URLs. Finally, it is mandatory to track the site using Google Search Console & Bing Webmaster.
- Optimize Page Speed
If your site contains heavy files, then it will take time to load. If a visitor experiences a delay in your site, they will leave the site which will affect the site’s performance. Therefore, we can implement the following tips to optimize the page speed.
- Audit redirects regularly because multiple redirection impact site speed
Eg: A301 redirect
- Codes should be trimmed in order to avoid messy codes that effect site speed.
- Inspect the content distribution network (CDN). When the distance of the server is short, the site will load faster for the requesting party.
- Plugins need to be updated and the most necessary ones need to keep to avoid hacking the site.
- It is better to use custom-made themes than pre-made website themes. Because customer-made themes may lead to some unnecessary codes.
- Using cache plug-ins may decrease the site loading speed for returning customers.
- Create a SEO-friendly site structure reducing the number of orphan pages & submit the sitemap to Google.
- Use no index tags to keep pages out of Google’s index by placing xrobot-tag in the <head></head> section of a webpage.
- Making the website mobile friendly
- Finding & fixing duplicate content issues.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.