Conversion Funnel: ToFu, MoFu, BoFu
In this dynamic world of digital marketing, no matter the size or type of business but its very challenging for a business to sell their product or services. Businesses need to create awareness within their audience that they exist and need to build a connection and relationship between the audience which convince them to make a purchase. This journey can flow through a conversion funnel from the First connection to the final conversion. We can breakdown the conversion funnel into three simple parts;
- ToFu: Top of the Funnel
- MoFu: Middle of the Funnel
- BoFu: Bottom of the Funnel
ToFu – Top of the Funnel
Top of the Funnel is the stage where your potential customers become aware of your presence. The ultimate goal of this phase is to capture the attention of the right customers and get them into the customer journey.
Marketing Tactics at ToFu
These tactics focus on attracting and engaging a broad audience at the initial stage
- Digital PR
- Search Engine Optimization
- Paid Social media and influencer Marketing
At this stage, you have to address the pain points of customers instead of selling so help them with valuable content to create a great first impression.
- Webinars & Podcasts
- Unique Visitors
- Click-through-rate on ToFu content
- Social media engagement
- Brand mentions and PR coverage
MoFu – Middle of the Funnel
As the journey progress, at this phase, your potential leads show some level of interest in your brand and become more engaged with your brand. The goal of this phase is to nurture and guide your leads to become qualified customers. Deepening engagement through tailored content to solidify your brand’s value and build trust.
Marketing Tactics at MoFu
Marketing Tactics at this stage focuses on nurturing the interest of potential customers and building relationship along the buyer journey
- Targeted email marketing campaigns
- Classes or workshops
- Interactive content (free tools, calculators, assessments, quizzes)
- Demos and free trials
Content types at this phase educate the potential leads on your brand who had show shown interest in the initial stage.
- Drip emails to various audience segments
- Product demo videos
- White papers and research reports
- Product comparison guides
- Online classes
- Email campaign engagement rates
- Landing page engagement metrics
- Click-through-rate on MoFu content
- Conversion rates for mid-funnel offers (Demos, trials, classes)
BoFu – Bottom of the Funnel
At this crucial stage, your potential customers are ready to make a purchase decision. The main goal in this phase is to convert potential customers into actual customers.
Marketing Tactics at BoFu
Marketing tactics at this stage aim on converting potential customers into paying customers and make them as your brand advocates.
- Limited-time offers and discounts
- Live demos
- Onboarding and customer success resources
- Customer success stories
Content at this stage has to create confidence and trust within the customers that the product or service is right for their needs and it’s the perfect time to buy it.
- Coupons and Discount Codes
- FAQ Pages and Buyer Guides
- Customer Support and Demo Request Forms
- Competitor Comparison Guides
- Use cases (highlighting client successes)
- Purchase Conversions
- Customer Acquisition Cost
- Conversion-to-Lead Ratio
- Return on Ad Spend (ROAS)
- Customer Retention Rate